Welcome! ABA is a recognized Arizona Affiliate of Alpaca Owners Association (AOA). ABA is a non-profit 501(c)5 Arizona Corporation. Our goals focus on serving Arizona alpaca owners through education and networking in this rapidly advancing livestock industry.
BENEFITS OF JOINING ALPACA BREEDERS of AZ
- Collaborate With Other Alpaca Owners and Learn How to Successfully Raise Alpacas in Arizona’s Unique Climate
- Join In and Serve on ABA Fiber, Education or Show Committees
- Breeder Support and Educational Opportunities
- ABA Newsletter
- Southwest Regional Alpaca Show
- Your Farm Listed on the “ABA Farms” page
- Your current alpacas for sale listed on our “Alpacas for Sale” page
- Your current alpaca products for sale listed on our “Member Store” page
- Next ABA EDUCATION Event – Valley Fever and Alpacas – 9-10-16 12:00-3:00pm - Class will be held in Ahwatukee – Open to ALL – $30 Class Fee – Must Be Pre-Registered to Attend
- To Register: just send an email to ABA Secretary, Sheri Bowman email@example.com to REQUEST CLASS REGISTRATION – We expect this class to fill up, and all attendees must be registered and paid by 9-1-16.
- Learn from the foremost expert Dr. Lisa Schubitz, DVM who heads up the Valley Fever Center For Excellence at the University of Arizona in Tucson, AZ. Learn the details surrounding Coccidiomycosis in Alpacas, the geographic area where this disease is found and how you possibly treat it in alpacas. According to Dr. Schubitz, Alpacas and Llamas are ‘exquisitely sensitive to Coccidiomycosis (AKA ‘Valley Fever’) so if you own alpacas, you should attend!
A.B.A holds membership meetings frequently during the year in various locations throughout Arizona. We also have call-in capabilities for members to attend some meetings via phone. We’re very excited about the new ‘quick’ educational sessions that will be offered at all 2016 membership meetings! This year, ABA Members have taken part in sessions on understanding and utilizing E.P.Ds in your herd, dealing with rattlesnake bites, and a full tour and presentation on growing fodder as an alternative to baled hay for alpaca feed.
There are many other exciting events our ABA Board of Directors and Committees are working on for the next year. If you love alpacas and the luxurious natural fiber that they produce, you wont want to miss out! Please contact any of the ABA Board Members listed below if you have questions regarding our organization or are interested in joining. If you want to join ABA or Renew your membership, just print the membership application listed on our ‘JOIN ABA’ page and mail it in. Annual Dues will be due for calendar year 2017 on 1-31-2017.
Thanks for stopping by the Alpaca Breeders of Arizona website – For further information please contact any of the Board Members listed below:
|President||Wendy Dittbrenner 928-848-0267 firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Membership Coordinator||Jane Reed 402-314-1323 email@example.com|
|Mary Wilcox 480-893-3339 HCAalpacas@aol.com Sheri Bowman 928-533-1304 firstname.lastname@example.org|